Make the most of summer in Loudoun County with our Summer Guide, showcasing the season’s best bets for places to go, ways to keep cool and more!
Here’s what’s happening in Brambleton:
Events Overload – We have some pretty spectacular ongoing events running all summer long for those who love an excuse to get out of the house. Learn more about the Summer Concert Series, $1 movies screenings and more on our July & August event schedules.
Cool Pools – Brambleton’s bevy of pools provide a place to cool off with a quick dip. Four community pools offer a cool retreat from the heat: Brambleton Community Center Beacon Crest, Brambleton Corner & the new Stratford Landing Splash Pool. There’s also both an indoor and outdoor pool at Brambleton Town Center’s Sport&Health that offers classes and family swims!
|New this Summer: Brambleton's Stratford Landing Splash Pool|
Saved By The Cinema – On days when it’s just too hot and humid to do anything, we like to escape to a cool, dark theater and catch a summer blockbuster. At the time of this post, there’s something for all walks of life playing at Regal Fox Cinemas in Brambleton Town Center: the big, record-breaking “Jurassic World” (it’s good); Pixar’s latest, “Inside Out,” is the family-friendly movie of the summer; and coming this month, the super small “Ant Man” arrives in IMAX. Check out times and tickets here.
· Lost Rhino Retreat – The Retreat has only been open for a little over a month, but they’ve already hosted live music, started a Run Club, and offered half price growler fills. In addition to that, they have an excellent outdoor seating area to try some tasty food and beer.
· Blue Ridge Grill – Right across from the Retreat is BRG, with an equally impressive outdoor area, and a great list of weekly promotions, like Tuesday half price wine nights, daily happy hours (including the weekend) and a perfect spot for a Brambleton Brunch.
Nick’s Taverna – Enjoy the flavors of the Mediterranean with Nick’s authentic family recipes. Kids eat free on Tuesdays and savor dinner with half off on select bottles of wine on Wednesdays.
· Papa Tony’s Trattoria – Papa Tony’s pairs authentic Italian food, outdoor ambiance and serious weeknight specials, such as kid’s hands-on pizza making on Monday nights, martini nights every Wednesday, and pasta nights on Thursday.
Treat Yourself – Ice cream, frozen yogurt, whatever cold treat you prefer, chances are we have you covered…
· Froots – If you care for something handheld that you can sip through a straw, Froots is your place. A full menu of fruit-loaded smoothies and chocolate-friendly shakes are waiting for you. Our money is on the Aloha Sunrise smoothie, with peaches, strawberries and strawberry-kiwi juice.
· Sweet Frog – Sweet Frog is truly the Choose Your Own Adventure of frozen yogurt shops. Choose everything from froyo flavor, toppings (and there are so many toppings), and amount, and you’ll create your own signature sundae. Great activity for kids!
· Cold Stone Creamery – Once you choose your ingredients (or pick one of Cold Stone’s signature creations) they’ll blend them perfectly on a frozen granite stone before you enjoy your treat. As chocolate lovers, we have to recommend the Chocolate Devotion®!
Beach Ready Pedi – Whether you’re heading to the beach or flip-flops are your summer footwear of choice, both Illusions Hair Salon & Spa and La Belle Nail Spa will give you the pampering you deserve with the perfect pedicure.
|Bella Ballerina dancers perform an American Celebration|
Family Frolic – Our favorite way to get some exercise when it’s too hot outside is to take a class at Bella Ballerina. Parents can participate in the kiddos’ classes, and they’ve even added new Bella bundle and Bella barre classes for new moms to ease into a fitness routine and ladies who want to train their bodies the way a dancer would!
Here’s what to see elsewhere in Loudoun County:The Lucketts Fair - This one-of-a-kind family friendly event boasts Bluegrass music, hayrides, grape stomps and more, as described on the Visit Loudoun website.
Fly Fishing Weekends – Salamander Resort in Middleburg is hosting fly-fishing class in August, and the whole family is invited!
Kiddo Zip Line – Take the kids on a thrill ride with Empower Adventures’ kid-friendly zip line! Empower also has plenty of options for “big kids” like obstacle courses and rappelling adventures.
Wine Country – When all else fails, Loudoun County has an incredible wine country at its disposal. Taste your way through each unique winery, pick up a few bottles to enjoy at home, and maybe find a few favorite varieties along the way.
What’s your favorite summer activity in Loudoun County? Let us know in the comments!